Correspondence of Lord Cottington
Friendly notes, giving news of how the embassy by Hyde and himself from Charles II to the King of Spain is progressing.
- Creation: January 3, 1650-May 14, 1652
Conditions Governing Access
No access restriction
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 box (10 holograph letters, signed, 1 page each, on 1 or 2 leaves.) : Binding: Formerly bound together. Each now placed in separate folder.
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
To: Edward Proger [Progers, Prodgers], 1621-1713. (Groom of the Bedchamber to Charles II)
Provenance Nevil Story Maskelyne, Esq, M.P, of Basset Down House, Swindon, Wilts-- see Report from Hist Manuscripts Comm, vol. 10, pt 4, pages 116-152 attached. 1823-1911.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Hofmann & Freeman, 1968
Apparently dated in New Style.
- Guide to the Francis Cottington Letters
- Correspondence of Lord Cottington
- Finding aid prepared by alh, January 17, 1969 Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Francis Cottington Letters, Department of Special Collections, MS 65, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries