Letters to Harriet M. Kemper Morrison, predominantly from Lionel A. Anderson
Call Number: RH MS 624
Lt. Lionel A. Anderson, orginally from Lawrence, Kansas, served as a doctor in the British Army during World War I. This collection includes his letters to his fiancée, Harriet M. Kemper Morrison, and describes his time in service while still in the United States and abroad in France, Belgium and England. Harriet Morrison met Dr. Lionel Anderson at the Northern Pacific Railway Hospital in Glendive, Montana, where she was a nurse. The collection also includes letters and cards from friends, relatives and the Anderson family to Harriet Morrison 1917-1921.
- 1917 - 1921
- Anderson, Lionel A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
RH MS 624
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Carmen Valentino, 2003
- Guide to the Lionel A. Anderson Collection
- Letters to Harriet M. Kemper Morrison, predominantly from Lionel A. Anderson
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2006; Finding aid encoded by mab, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lionel A. Anderson Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 624, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries