Notes on Macrobius’ Saturnalia by Thomas Gray
Notes by Thomas Gray (1716-1771) on the Roman author Macrobius Ambrosius Theodosius' work Saturnalia, including very detailed references to individual phrases and words and citing both classical and contemporary authors. Gray was probably writing in Oxford, England in the 1740s.
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume : 148 pages. Binding: Slipcase by Sangoraki and Sutcliffe, full levant solander. The material is paper. ; 19.5 x 8 cm.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Emily Driscoll, 1954
- Guide to Thomas Gray’s Manuscript about Macrobius’ Saturnalia Collection
- Notes on Macrobius’ Saturnalia by Thomas Gray
- Finding aid prepared by sm, 1961; revised by ksc, 2006. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Notes on Macrobius’ <emph render="italic">Saturnalia</emph> by Thomas Gray, Department of Special Collections, MS C40, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States