Hanoverian Succession collection
Edward Southwell (1671-1730), clerk to the Privy Council, is the apparent author of 2 draft letters to George I (1660-1727) about his succession to the throne, both written in 1714 at the time of the death of Queen Anne (1665-1714). Also present are notes made by Southwell about the Succession Act of Anne 6.
- Creation: 1714
- Southwell, Edward, 1671-1730 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
3 folders : Materials are docketed and are on paper.
Language of Materials
Pryce MS P5
Many Southwell family papers were acquired by Sir Thomas Phillipps. The Phillipps catalogue does not list this group separately, but it may have formed part of a larger group listed there.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the Hanoverian Succession Collection
- Hanoverian Succession collection
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1986; revised by ksc, 2006. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Hanoverian Succession collection, Department of Special Collections, Pryce MS P5, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas