This collection consists of a single quire containing notes on law. Dating is from citation a citation on page  of "21 Ja. 15" and the reign most cited is Henry VII. The notes were made by J.P., a student or clerk? and may have been tipped into a printed book or are a fragment from a larger volume. The dates covered by the notes appear to include the 13th through 17th centuries.
- after 1623
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (12 leaves in 1 folder) : Unbound, loosely stitched.The material is paper. ; 27.8 x 18 cm
Scope and Contents
Pages are unnumbered; citations are arranged under alphabetical headings and may be an index. Headings on each page include
- Amendmt. Acco' transitorie. Acco's ca':. Award & Arbitrem'. Appeales. Arears & Annuety. Assise. Baile
- Baron & feme. Barr vid pleading. Condicoon. Conformacon. Challenge. Contract. Challenge. Condicon
- Corporacon. Deane & Chapter. Covenant. Copyhold. Devise. Demaunde & Notice
- Error. Eiectioneforme. Exors & Administrators. Extinguishmt... Forrest. Felony & Burglary
- Fine. Forfeiture. Forgerie. Graunts & res'vacoons. Haberef ac seisinam. Habend. Inrollment
- Jointen(ts). Inditemt. Inkeep & Hosteler. Judges & Colts Judgmt. Infancy. London customis. Libell
- Indenture. Informacon. Nusans. Obligacoon. Office & officers. Preveledge. Prescripcon
- Pleading bar & trav's. Prohibicoon. Pleading. Peer Hon Dignitie. Quo warranto. Release. Q Impt
- Quare Impt. Roy & p'rogatiue. Recovery. Impt. Refusall. Remaind' & Rev'sion
- Rent. Scandall. Rent. Surrender. Tithes
- Trns & eiectmt. Vit. Use
- Warrantie voucher. Wast. Wales. Will & construction (?)
- Guide to the Law Notes Collection
- Law Notes
- Finding aid prepared by alh, November 1, 1972. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Law Notes collection, Department of Special Collections, MS P367, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas