Dedicatory verses by François Meglat
One sheet (two pages) of manuscript dedicatory verses found in Spencer Research Library's copy of Claude Le Brun de La Rochette's Le Process Civil; Divise en Trois Livre, published 1607 and located at call number Summerfield C1069. "Vers en 1636" written on verso of the second page.
- 17th Century [1636?]
- Meglat, François, active 1607 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder : All 3 items written in same hand.
Scope and Contents
Three verses, dedicated to the author of the book, written in the same hand on a single sheet. Each of the verses appears in printed form in the volume: 1. is in volume I page [ix] and volume III page [vi], signed F. Meglat. 2. is in volume III page [vi], signed De Mateil. 3. is under Le Brun's portrait (1617), tipped in opposite the title page. The "faict par..." and the signatures do not appear in the printed texts.
- Monsieur Lebruin advocate-beaujollois sur son process civil: 13 lines (at end: faict par moy francois melat advocate enparlem), signed Duchampt
- Au mesme sieur lebruin-sonnet (at end: faict par moy dematsel), signed Duchampt
- C'est ta vertu Lebruin…: 5 lines (at end: faict par Moy goujon), signed Duchampt
- Guide to the François Meglat Collection
- Dedicatory verses by François Meglat
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1964. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
François Meglat collection, Department of Special Collections, MS P212, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas