Manifesto: read to the congregation of the First Methodist Church in Lawrence, Kansas
Photocopy of a 3-page typescript manifesto read to the congregation of the First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kansas) on Sunday, May 10, 1970, by Bryce Rivers, Chairman, Coordinating Committee for the Black Community. Alleging the church's world-wide exploitation of African Americans, the manifesto demands payment of $75,000 in reparations for Lawrence's 3,000 African American residents.
- Creation: May 10, 1970
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder : 3-page typescript photocopy
Language of Materials
RH MS P689
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Henry Shenk, 1984.
- Guide to the Coordinating Committee for the Black Community Collection
- Manifesto: read to the congregation of the First Methodist Church in Lawrence, Kansas
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2006. Finding aid encoded by mh, 2006. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Coordinating Committee for the Black Community Collection, RH MS P689, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas