Star Chamber collection
Collection of volumes and loose items pertaining to the Star Chamber, a court that existed in England at the Palace of Westminster from approximately the 15th century through 1641, when it was abolished by the Long Parliament.
- 1568 - 1641
- Sherfield, Henry, -1634 (Person)
Language of Materials
Predominately English; some Latin and French.
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case + 4 volumes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Hofmann-Freeman, 1977 (gift of Helen Foresman Spencer).
- Guide to the Star Chamber Collection
- Star Chamber collection
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1993; revised by ksc, 2006. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- 2019-07: Consolidated several EADs into one, mwh