Pardon for Gordon Lafitte
Pardon for Gordon Lafitte, alias Gibson, who was convicted of counterfeiting in January 1861 before the U.S. Circuit Court for the Southern District of New York, and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment. Signed, Abraham Lincoln. Countersigned, William H. Seward, Secretary of State.
- November 25, 1864
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (1 leaf.) : On paper, text on both sides. Body of text written by clerk. text. Seal of the U.S. applied through paper. On dorse, near signatures. ; 42.5 cm x 17 cm.
ca. 1940 (?) belonged to Franklin de Ronde Furman, Dean, Stevens Institute of Technology. Left by him to Thomas Crease, former Prof, Math, KU.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Thomas Crease, May 28, 1971.
- Guide to the American Presidential Legal Documents Collection
- Pardon for Gordon Lafitte
- Finding aid prepared by alh, May 28, 1971. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
American Presidential Legal Documents Collection, Department of Special Collections, MS Q2:1, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries