Kansas Vocational School History
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P880
The Kansas Vocational School History is a handwritten history of the Topeka, Kansas school, which later changed its name to the Kansas Technical Institute.
- between 1923 and 2009
- Kansas Vocational School (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Kansas Vocational School
The Kansas Vocational School (KVS), located in Topeka, Kansas, began in 1896. In 1919 the Kansas Legislature recognized the School as a regular state school; four years later, in 1923, the name changed from Kansas Industrial and Educational Institute to KVS. The School's name was again changed in 1951 to the Kansas Technical Institute.
Scope and Contents
The Kansas Vocational School Collection consists of a single undated spiral-bound notebook, which contains a handwritten history of the school.
RH MS P880
- Guide to the Kansas Vocational School Collection
- Kansas Vocational School History
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2009. Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Kansas Vocational School Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P880, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries