Amiri Baraka letter to Wesley Hartley
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: MS P744
Typed letter signed to Wesley Hartley replying to his query as to the value of high school and college education to a writer. Together with original envelope and signed photocopied portrait.
- August 16, 1995
- Baraka, Amiri, 1934-2014 (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Amiri Baraka
Amiri Baraka was born October 7, 1934 as Everett Leroi Jones and died January 9th, 2014, both in Newark, New Jersey. He was an African-American poet, playwright, political activist, and university professor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, James Cummins Bookseller, 2011.
- Guide to the Amiri Baraka Collection
- Amiri Baraka letter to Wesley Hartley
- Finding aid prepared by lmb, 2016. Finding aid encoded by lmb, 2016. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Amiri Baraka letter to Westley Hartley, MS P744, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.