"Golden Spear" manuscript
Handwritten magazine of poetry, essays, stories, watercolors issued by the members of the Golden Spear, a charitable and literary club. The Golden Spear appears to be named after a mountain near Bray, south of Dublin. The Home for Crippled Children in Bray opened by Mrs. Lucinda Sullivan in 1874, was renamed the Sunbeam House in 1930, and closed in 1960.
- May 1887
- Golden Spear (Periodical) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume : Ornament: Watercolors, sketches, doodles. Script: In different hands. Title cover: Golden Spear May 1887. ; Volume measures no taller than 20 cm.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the "Golden Spear" Manuscript Collection
- "Golden Spear" manuscript
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1970; revised by ksc, 2006. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
"Golden Spear" manuscript, Department of Special Collections, MS B78, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas