Beschreibung einer (neuen) Buchszenmeisterey
A treatise written by Josephus Furthenbach (or Joseph Furttenbach) on firearms and fireworks, with ten leaves at end concerned with surveying instruments used for planning fortifications.
- Furttenbach, Joseph, 1591-1667 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume (66 leaves) : Pagination: title page, leaves 1-2, 4, 6-9, 11-22, [4 leaves], 23-48, 51-52, 49-50, 53 [11 leaves]; leaves 3, 5, 10 wanting; extra leaves inserted between 22 and 23, and at end; 51 misbound between 48 and 49. Binding: Vellum [20th Century?]. Ornamentation: 52 drawings of firearms, fireworks, surveying, instruments, plans of fortifications. Scribe: Joannes Jacobus Bröchius von Rainfelden. ; 31 x 19.5 cm
Immediate Source of Acquisition
H.P. Kraus, 1960
- Guide to the 17th-century German Treatise on Firearms and Fireworks Collection
- Beschreibung einer (neuen) Buchszenmeisterey
- Finding aid prepared by am, 1961; revised by ksc, 2006. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Beschreibung einer (neuen) Buchszenmeisterey, Department of Special Collections, MS E31, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas