Leary Family correspondence
This collection comprises the correspondence of Richard K. Leary (Private, Company B, 28th Training Battalion) and his wife, Arlene, during World War II from September through December 1942, while he was stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas and she was back home in Laconia, New Hampshire. There are also a few letters from other family members and friends in Laconia.
- Creation: September-December 1942
- Leary, Richard K. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
RH MS 744
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Charles Apfelbaum, 1997.
- Guide to the Leary Family Collection
- Leary Family correspondence
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2006; Finding aid encoded by mab, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Leary Family Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 744, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries