Leavenworth Public Library photograph collection
Call Number: RH PH 72
Photographs of Leavenworth, Kansas scenes, and a few Lawrence, Kansas and Excelsior Springs, Missouri scenes. A majority of the photos were taken by Leavenworth resident Frank Morrow. Subjects of the images include identified and unidentified individuals in various groupings; residences, including some interior views; Fort Leavenworth and the Old Soldiers Home; churches, businesses (particularly the Great Western Stove Company), and street scenes in Leavenworth; bridges, trains, and river boats; landscapes and parks; parades and parade floats; University of Kansas campus buildings and a Dutch windmill in Lawrence, Kansas; domesticated and farm animals; and other topics.
- approximately 1896-1907?
- Morrow, Frank (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Glass plate and flexible negative originals are only issued if the curator or head of Public Services gives permission.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
5.5 Linear Feet (4 document cases of prints + 314 glass plate negatives in 14 boxes)
RH PH 72
RH PH 72 NEGATIVES
Other Finding Aids
For a detailed collection description and listing, see ksrl.kc.leavenworthpubliclibrary.pdf.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Leavenworth Public Library, 1985.
- Guide to the Leavenworth Public Library Photograph Collection
- Leavenworth Public Library photograph collection
- Finding aid prepared by rw, 2008. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Leavenworth Public Library photograph collection, Kansas Collection, RH PH 72, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
- 2019-03-07: Updated access restrictions note, cleaned up ASpace record, mwh