Lescher family photographs
Photographs of the Lescher family of Lawrence, Kansas, possibly taken by a family member. Subjects of the images include landmarks and buildings in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas; scenes from the 1908 flood and from an ice gorge in the Kansas River; landscapes; Lescher family members, friends, and unidentified individuals; residences and room interiors; farming scenes; bridges and trains; and other topics.
- Creation: approximately 1907-1909
Conditions Governing Access
Glass plate and flexible negative originals are only issued if the curator or head of Public Services gives permission.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
3.5 Linear Feet (1 document case + 209 glass plate negative and 20 flexible negatives in 13 boxes)
Language of Materials
RH PH 71
RH PH 71 NEGATIVES
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Clifford Stipp, 1985.
- Guide to the Lescher Family Collection
- Lescher family photographs
- Finding aid prepared by rw, 2008. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019; dsw, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lescher family photographs, Kansas Collection, RH PH 71, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas