Ruttilio Scotti manuscript
- Scotti , Ruttilio (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
1 volume : Binding: Vellum. Ornamentation: Vignette on title page depicting a headland by a body of water, with a sailing boat. Material: Paper. Scribe: Presumably Scotti. Spine title: Descrizzione et historia dell’Abbazia di Subiaco M.S. ; 31 x 21.5 cm
Scope and Contents
Section I. describes the monastery in general terms: it gives antique inscriptions found there; and lists the Commendatori (Papal supervising officials) from the time of Pope Urban VI to Gregory XIII (circa 1378-1585).
Section II. is a brief sketch of the military and political history of the region.
Section III. provides more detailed descriptions of the monasteries of Sts. Benedict and Scholastica; remains of Roman Imperial buildings (villa of Nero); the town of Trevi; the village and region of Affile, the author's birthplace; and other related topics.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the Ruttilio Scotti Manuscript Collection
- Ruttilio Scotti manuscript
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1968. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Ruttilio Scotti manuscript, Department of Special Collections, MS E96, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas