Farmer's account book of Michael McNally
Book of accounts for an early 19th century Irish farmer. McNally holds land from "Mr Baker": leaf 151 pays tithes to "Ternan": leaf 6. Contract IV: 1 has clause "Being first...read to the parties by Richd McNally" Yeates or Yeats landowners show up in VIIB; 22 May 1820 McNally pays Wn Yeats for "Law." Itemized funeral expenses for Wm McNally of Doolough at foot of leaf 12a. Iv:1 and MS P385:1 separately cataloged. Landowners not traced.
- Creation: 1820-1859 (some records from 1796)
- McNally, Michael, active 1820-1859 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume (1 volume + 1 folder) : Most pairs of facing pages are foliated, book-keeper's style. Foliation breaks off with leaf 104; text continues to leaf ; about 50 blank leaves follow; and then 7 "at end" leaves.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
O'Hegarty uncat manuscripts.
- Guide to the Michael McNally Account Book
- Farmer's account book of Michael McNally
- Finding aid prepared by alh, June 25, 1973. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005; revised by skt, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Farmer's account book of Michael McNally, MS E119, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.