Quantrill's Raid and the Mitchell family
Research photocopies and text related to William C. Quantrill's destruction of Brooklyn, Kansas, after leaving Lawrence on August 21, 1863. There is also information regarding Mitchell family survivors of the raid and their descendants.
- November 2001
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
RH MS P940
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Bill Elzea, 2014.
- Guide to the Quantrill's Raid and the Mitchell family collection
- Quantrill's Raid and the Mitchell family
- Finding aid written by lmb. Finding aid encoded by lmb.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Quantrill's Raid and the Mitchell Family collection, RH MS P940, Kansas Collection, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas