J. B. Littlejohn biographical sketch
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P749
J. B. Littlejohn, a longtime Kansas resident, served as a State Representative for Shawnee County from 1977 to 1981; the collection includes a biography and portrait photograph.
- Littlejohn, J. B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of J. B. Littlejohn
J. B. Littlejohn was born in Texas. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Kansas State University and a Master of Science degree from the University of Kansas. Littlejohn worked as a management consultant and as head of the Kansas City, Missouri branch of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. In 1977, Littlejohn (Republican) was elected to the Kansas State House of Representatives from the 52nd district in Shawnee County. While in that position he served on several committees, including: Energy & Natural Resources, Labor & Industry, and Commercial & Financial Institutions. Littlejohn served in the House until 1982.
RH MS P749
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Black Legislators Project, 1988
- Guide to the J. B. Littlejohn Collection
- J. B. Littlejohn biographical sketch
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collection Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
J. B. Littlejohn Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P749, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries