Film, transcripts and letters relating to getting it together -- a film on larry eigner poet
Leonard Henny (born 1935), educator, filmmaker and author, learned of Larry Eigner (1927-1996) and his poetry through his colleague, Joseph Eigner, educator and Larry Eigner's brother. Moved by Larry Eigner's challenges and work, Henny produced this film, getting it together -- a film on larry eigner poet, as a part of his work with Films for Social Change. The accompanying papers include transcripts of a poetry reading used in the film and Eigner's own corrections to the transcripts, as well as drafts of promotional material for the film. Letters from Henny to Eigner and his family about the making of the film round out the collection.
- 1970 - 1973
- Henny, Leonard M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Larry Eigner, 1973
- Faville, Curtis and Robert Grenier. Collected poems by Larry Eigner. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2009
- Leif, Irving P. Larry Eigner: A Bibliography of His Works. Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press, 1989
- Guide to the "getting it together -- a film on larry eigner poet" Collection
- Film, transcripts and letters relating to getting it together -- a film on larry eigner poet
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1973; mab, 2009. Finding aid encoded by mab, mrm, 2009.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Film, transcripts and letters relating to <emph render="italic">getting it together -- a film on larry eigner poet</emph>, Department of Special Collections, MS 122, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas