Album inscribed to Milly Bushe
Manuscript "Album" inscribed to "Milly Bushe from Papa June 1857." The Bushe family appears to have lived in Arnestown, County Wexford, Ireland. Contains poems in various hands, some initialed and dated by the contributors. Among them, several commemorative poems refer to the death of Milly's sister, Annie H. Bushe, in 1868. The latest dated entry is signed "M[illy] B[ushe] April 1918". The opening poem is illustrated with a pencil sketch. Two loose inserts (printed poems) have been removed to MS P647.
- approximately 1857-1918
- Bushe, Milly (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume (1 volume + 1 folder) ; 19 cm, 38 x 25 cm.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, O'Hegarty, 1959.
- Guide to the Milly Bushe Collection
- Album inscribed to Milly Bushe
- Finding aid prepared by ksc, 2007; revised by cl, 2010; revised by eear, 2013. Finding aid encoded by mab, 2007; revised by cl, 2010; eear, 2013.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Bushe Family Collection, Department of Special Collections, MS B113, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries