Transcriptions of Larry Eigner Poems by Robert Grenier
Robert Grenier (born 1941), an American poet and educator, transcribed these poems of Larry Eigner (1927-1996) in the early 1980s. He consulted with Eigner to assure that the typewritten transcriptions were correct and represented the poet's intentions. The transcriptions are from Eigner's Notebooks D, E, and F and poems numbered 1-1124.
- early 1980s
- Grenier, Robert (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
2 Linear Feet (6 document cases)
Scope and Contents
These transcriptions of Larry Eigner poems date from the early 1980s. Robert Grenier, in consultation with Larry Eigner, prepared them with the intention of eventually publishing a collected poems edition of Eigner's works.
Consult the PDF file attached to the finding aid for Larry Eigner poems and papers, 1950-1993, MS 39 at Kenneth Spencer Research Library, to ascertain if that collection includes Eigner's original poems.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Robert Grenier, 1989
- Faville, Curtis and Robert Grenier. Collected poems by Larry Eigner. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2009
- Leif, Irving P. Larry Eigner: A Bibliography of His Works. Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press, 1989
- Guide to the Transcriptions of Larry Eigner Poems Collection by Robert Grenier
- Transcriptions of Larry Eigner Poems by Robert Grenier
- Finding aid prepared by mrm and mab, 2009. Finding aid encoded by mab, 2009.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Transcriptions of Larry Eigner Poems, MS 257, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas