Pierre Villars' Memoirs of the Court of Spain
- after 1682 (18th century?)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
1 volume (1 volume + 1 folder) : Binding: 19th Century polished calf, with supra-libros of Sir William Stirling-Maxwell. Pagination: [5 leaves (2 engraved parts between 3 & 4)] 427p [13 leaves]. Ornamentation: 2 engraved portraits of Louis Hector, duc de Villars, 1653-1734 bound in (one pasted to the back of the other). Material: Paper. ; Volume measures 242 x 183 mm.
Tipped in before the fly-leaf are an account of de Villars by Sir William Stirling-Maxwell and a note of thanks from the Due d'Aumale to Stirling-Maxwell for the loan of the manusript, dated Orleans House, April 11, 1896.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the Pierre Villars' Memoirs of the Court of Spain
- Pierre Villars' Memoirs of the Court of Spain
- Finding aid prepared by sm, 1963. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006. Finding aid revised by ksc, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Pierre Villars' Memoirs of the Court of Spain, MS C84, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.