Letters from Basil Hall
Captain Basil Hall (1788-1844) followed a career in the Royal Navy by becoming a popular travel writer. These 4 letters reflect his naval and literary connections and activities. Items probably mostly written in London, perhaps also Italy.
- 1820; 1840-1842
- Hall, Basil, 1788-1844 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restriction
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
4 folders : 4 letters
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Oruch gift, 1976
Other material in same acquisition: Bain, Barker, Britton, Jowett, Hallam Tennyson, Dos Passos, Jusserand, Phelps, Praed
- Guide to the Basil Hall Correspondence.
- Letters from Basil Hall
- Finding aid prepared by alh, March 2, 1976; revised by ksc, 2006 Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Basil Hall correspondence, Department of Special Collections, MS P 482, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas