Wanda Gág's collection of two drawings
Call Number: MS P605
2 cards, each with pen-and-ink drawing.
- Between 1900 and 1940
- Gág, Wanda, 1893-1946 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restriction
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Found before 1992 in Gág's "Snippy and Snappy", Ny, 1931 (Children 3594). Their subject matter does not relate to the book in which they were found. Apparently previously tipped onto coarse (handmade?) brownish paper, of which a strip remains on each verso. Item 1 marked in pencil on verso: "7 x 5 1/4" [the card is smaller than that.]. Prior to the decision to separate the drawings from the book, the book's call number, "Ch 3594", was added in pencil on the verso of each drawing.
Wanda Gág, Snippy and Snappy, Ny, 1931 (Children 3594)
The drawings are signed "Wanda Gág" and appear similar in style to other illustrations in her published books for children.
- Guide to the Wanda Gág Collection
- Wanda Gág's collection of two drawings
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1992; revised by ksc, 2006 Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Wanda Gág Collection , Department of Special Collections, MS P605, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries