Il conclave del 1774: Dramma per musica da recitarsi nel…Carnovale dell’anno 1775…
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: MS D81
Satirical libretto for (closet?) musical drama based on election of Pope Pius VI.
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (1 item)
Scope and Contents
The lyrics were taken from the works of Pietro Metastasio. The manuscript was probably circulated privately in Italy before its clandestine printing by Molini (Ferrara, 1775); it bears the same fictitious imprint but is more elaborate. The printed edition was vigorously suppressed (Bookseller’s information, E.P. Goldschmidt & Co, 1963). See also O.G.T. Sonneck, Catalogue of opera librettos printed before 1800 (Washington: Gpo, 1914) 1:307.
Front free end-paper: Friedrich G[undolf] (von F. Saxl) 1931
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ep Goldschmidt, 1963
Loose copy on quarto sheet, now divided into 2 folded leaves, of p.[i-iv] of Gaetano Sertor, Il conclave del 1774.., Rome, 1775?, MS D81.
- Guide to the Gaetano Sertor Manuscript Libretto
- Il conclave del 1774: Dramma per musica da recitarsi nel…Carnovale dell’anno 1775
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1964; revised by ksc, 2005. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Gaetano Sertor Manuscript Libretto, Department of Special Collections, MS D81, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries