Account-book of the estate of Reverend Richard Greene
- April 8, 1786-September 11, 1794
- Webb, William, active 1786-1794 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
1 volume (1 volume + 1 folder) : Binding: Stiff vellum. Binding Title: "Mr Webb's account with Miss Greene setled 1794." Spine Marked: I A [?] 1:9. ; Volume measures no taller than 20 cm. Folder measures 22x37 cm.
Scope and Contents
Income is listed on the verso of leaves in the first part of the volume: Sale of effects at Greatham, some itemized. Includes books (bought by Messrs White and Sons), manuscripts of sermons, coins, shells. Sold by Boyes (or Boyes & Jordan) who issued a catalogue August 2, 1786. Rent from various properties. Reimbursements for taking services (rectors named), glebe, tithes, etc. Investments in consols, etc. Rev. Richard Yalden's bond to Honoria Newlin, 1769; Edmund Yalden's mortgage on lands in East Tisted held by Richard Newlin.
Expenses are listed on the recto of leaves in the first part of the volume: Primarily clothing and schooling the children. Also expenses in settling the estate, coachhire, postage, legal fees; apprenticeship premium; investments. No attempt is made to keep the openings chronologically.
The rest of the volume is blank.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to William Webb's Account-book as Estate Administrator Collection
- Account-book of the estate of Reverend Richard Greene
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1975. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006. Finding aid revised by ksc, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
William Webb's Account-book as Estate Administrator, Department of Special Collections, MS B125, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas