Brief for McDonald v. McGuire
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P663
This legal brief is a brief for the appellant in 1849 McDonald v. McGuire suit over slave ownership.
- McDonald, Alexander (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder ; 24.5 x 37.5 cm
Scope and Contents
The Brief for McDonald v. McGuire consists of a single, handwritten brief for the appellant in the 1849 Alexander McDonald v. Margaret McGuire suit over slave ownership. This item should be handled with care.
RH MS P663
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the Alexander McDonald Legal Brief
- Brief for McDonald v. McGuire
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2006 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Alexander McDonald Legal Brief Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P663, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries