Papers of Julius Charles Hare
Julius Charles Hare (1795-1855), archdeacon of Lewes in Sussex England, was a scholar, philosopher and theologian. This collection of his papers includes a piece of religious verse and a collection of 9 letters ranging in date from circa 1827 to 1852. Correspondents include the publishers John Taylor (1781-1853) and James Walton, the fine printer Samuel Bentley, the Reverend W. Carus of Trinity College, and Sir Robert Harry Inglis (1786-1855).
- Creation: 1827-1852, and undated
- Hare, Julius Charles, 1795-1855 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Julius Charles Hare Collection.
- Papers of Julius Charles Hare
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1972. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2005. Finding aid revised by ksc, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Papers of Julius Charles Hare, MS P139, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.