African American history clippings
The African American history clippings collection covers a range of topics related to African American history, with some of the material relating specifically to Kansas and the Kansas City area.
- 1960 - 1996
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box + 1 folder, 2 oversize boxes)
Scope and Contents
The African American history clippings collection dates from 1960 to 1996 and consists almost solely of clippings (newspaper and magazine) and photocopies of clippings relating to various areas of African American history. Many items are undated and many are mounted on construction paper. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by topic.
RH MS 1183
RH MS-P 1183
RH MS Q313
RH MS R278
- Guide to the African American History Clippings Collection
- African American history clippings
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collection Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
African American History Clippings Collection, RH MS 1183, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries.