Mathew Brady photographs from the National Archives
This collection contains 40 modern photographic prints of images taken by 19th century American photographer Matthew Brady and copied from prints held by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The images are mostly of members of President Abraham Lincoln's Cabinet, Supreme Court Justices, and high-ranking or former Civil War miltary figures. Numbers listed in folder titles came from the numbering system used by the National Archives.
- originals probably taken 1860s-1880s
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
RH PH 58
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, National Archives and Records Administration, 1985.
- Guide to the Mathew Brady Photos from the National Archives Collection
- Mathew Brady photographs from the National Archives
- Finding aid prepared by sfw, 1985. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mah, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Mathew Brady photographs from the National Archives Collection, RH PH 58, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.