Personal papers of Nellie Barnes
Call Number: PP 466
Nellie Barnes taught Rhetoric at the University of Kansas from 1918-1956. Her collection includes maps, stories of Kansas lore and history, student theme papers, and lyrics to folk songs. The bulk of the collection comprises personal and family papers, project manuscripts and miscellaneous research with content dating back to 1750, and alphabetical files of letters to author Mary Austin. A carbon set of the letters is at the end of the collection.
- 1900 - 1960
- Barnes, Nellie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
14 Linear Feet (15 boxes)
- Guide to the Nellie Barnes Collection
- Personal papers of Nellie Barnes
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005, rev. by dd, pb, 2008; cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by dd, pb, 2008.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Personal papers of Nellie Barnes, University Archives, PP 466, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas