University of Kansas General records
The collection includes records that are general to the University as a whole.
- 1866 - 2011
- University of Kansas (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Some series in this record group will require permission from the office of origin before use. Personnel and student records are closed in accordance with applicable law. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
400.25 Linear Feet (549 boxes + 8 oversize boxes, 25 books, 36 scrapbooks, 4 binders)
This collection is arranged in the following series:
- General Records
- Centennial. Includes Inter-century Seminar records.
- Seventy-fifth Anniversary
- Twenty-fifth Anniversary
- 125th Anniversary
- Memorial Association of World War II
- Campus Advisory Committee for Selection of a New Chancellor
- Jayhawk Nursery, Foxhill England
- Hattie Elizabeth Lewis Memorial
- Weather Station Records
- Students Concerned about Higher Education in Kansas
- University Attorney
- Scholarships. Includes records of Summerfield Scholarships, Watkins-Berger Scholars, Danforth Graduate Fellowships, Marshall Scholarships, Rhodes Scholarships, Woodrow Wilson Fellowships, Watkins (E.M.) Scholarship Committee, Mount Oread Scholars, University Scholars and Truman Scholarships.
- Institutional Self-Study Committee
- Humanities Lecture Series
- Campus. Includes areas and objects.
- Vickers (J.A.) Memorial Lecture Series
- Spencer (Kenneth Aldred) Memorial Lectures
- University Seal
- Kansas University Songs
- Pearson Trust
- Council of Directors of University Divisions
- University Events Committee
- Junior College Committee
- Regents Center
- Bicentennial Committee
- Higher Education Week
- Science, Mathematics and Engineering Day
- Planning Boards and Committees
- University Airplane
- Hilltop Day Care Center
- Information Center
- Lecture Series. Includes University Lecture Series, Roberts Lecture Series and Student Lecture Series
- Special Events, Exhibitions
- University Bus
- University Ombudsman
- Student Surveys
- Chancellor's Club
- Institute for Black Leadership Development (IBLDR)
- Bus Service. Also Campus Transportation Board, KU on Wheels, Lift Van, Secure Cab, Safe Ride.
- Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- Program Review
- Advising Center
- Campus Mail
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- KU Energy Council
University Archives continues to add material to this collection on a regular basis.
- Balfour, William M.
- Davis, Michael J., 1942-
- Gardenhire, Keith E.
- Gould,, Randolph E.
- Jackson, Gary Dean
- Lawson, P. B. (Paul Bowen), 1888-1954
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (U.S.)
- Posey, Chessley Justin, 1873-
- University of Kansas -- Records and correspondence
- University of Kansas. Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Wright, John C.
- Guide to the Records of the University of Kansas
- University of Kansas General records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2006. Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2006. Finding aid revised by lmb, 2011.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
University of Kansas General Records, University Archives, RG 0, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries