Counter culture poster collection
Miscellaneous collection of counter culture, youth culture, drug culture, and Vietnamese conflict-related posters primarily from the mid- to late 1960s, but probably including some of early 1970s vintage. The collection is divided into 4 categories: Prominent individuals, Vietnam and related, Psychedelic and drug, and Counter culture and miscellaneous.
- approximately 1960s-early 1970s
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
23 folders (219 posters) ; 59 x 90 cm
The folders are grouped into 4 topical series: posters of prominent people, including pop culture stars and musicians and political figures; posters related to the Vietnam war; posters related to recreational drug usage, particularly psychedelics; and a variety of posters reflecting the 1960s counterculture, including caricatures of United States politicians.
RH MS R23
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Susan Anderson, 1977.
- Guide to the Counter Culture Posters Collection
- Counter culture poster collection
- Finding aid compiled by chh, js, 1977. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2017. Finding aid revised by cmp, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Counter culture posters collection, RH MS R23, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas