Early Kansas architecture photographs
Call Number: RH PH 178(f)
Robert Asbury completed his Masters thesis for the department of Architecture at the University of Kansas, Kansas architecture: A survey of development from the pre-territorial period to the present, in 1961. This collection of photographs was used as supporting material for the thesis. Dates in the inventory concern when the building(s) was/were built, not when the photographs were created. While many buildings photographed are in Lawrence, Kansas, there are also prints of buildings located elsewhere in eastern Kansas.
- 1858 - 1907
- Asbury, Robert Fossett (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
6 Linear Feet (4 oversize boxes of 56 photographic prints) ; 38 x 48 cm or smaller
RH PH 178(f)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transfer, University Archives, 1991
- Guide to Robert Fossett Asbury Photograph Collection
- Early Kansas architecture photographs
- Finding aid prepared by rbw, 2008. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Early Kansas architecture collection, RH PH 178(f), Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.