Records of the Neosho Valley Land Agency
The letter from George A. Bowlus, general manager of the Neosho Valley Land Agency, to Mr. R. S. Mauley of Aurora, Illinois, is dated August 17, 1882. The letter addresses the $5.04 that Mauley still owes the Neosho Valley Land Agency. The letterhead includes a land plat map of Allen County, Kansas.
- Neosho Valley Land Agency (Iola, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Neosho Valley Land Agency
The Neosho Valley Land Agency, located in Iola, Kansas, was organized in 1875 by George A. Bowlus and Joseph. H. Richards. Bowlus was a former land broker. He advertised the land of Neosho Valley throughout the United States to encourage people to move to the area.
Language of Materials
RH MS P904
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Carmen Valentino, 2009
- Guide to the Neosho Valley Land Agency Collection
- Records of the Neosho Valley Land Agency
- Finding aid prepared by acs, 2012; Finding aid encoded by acs, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Neosho Valley Land Agency Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P904, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States