Frances E. Kitchen memorabilia
Call Number: RH MS 1148
The Memorabilia of Frances E. Kitchen are those of a longtime Kansas resident who worked as a nurse at both Western University and Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas. Items in the collection include a nameplate and two plaques. The collection's one photograph is housed at RH MS-P 1148.
- 1954, 1976, undated
- Kitchen, Frances E. (Compiler, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Frances E. Kitchen
Frances E. Kitchen began working as a Registered Nurse at Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas in 1920. She later became that facility's superintendent. She was active in the local African Methodist Episcopal Church.
1 linear foot (1 box + 1 folder) ; folder - 22 x 37 cm.
RH MS 1148
RH MS-P 1148
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Louise Washington, 1989.
- Guide to the Frances E. Kitchen Collection
- Frances E. Kitchen memorabilia
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008. Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Frances E. Kitchen memorabilia, RH MS 1148, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas