Paramount Club Records
This collection contains meeting minutes, 1944-1975, correspondence and bank statements, 1970s, miscellaneous memorabilia from the 1940s and 1970s, and a certificate of lifetime membership awarded to the club by the NAACP in 1961.
- 1944 - 1975
- Paramount Club (Kansas City, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Paramount Club
The Paramount Club was founded in 1921 by a group of African American women of Kansas City, Kansas. Fluctuating in membership number from 12-21 over the course of 1944-1975, Paramount Club members engaged in service work for local hospitals and retirement homes, lobbied in support of the Civil Rights Bill, and donated to national as well as local non-profit and charitable organizations.
.4 Linear Feet (1 box)
RH MS 561
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mrs. Solomon H. Thompson
- Guide to the Paramount Club Collection
- Paramount Club Records
- Finding aid prepared by adm/sc, 2004; Finding aid encoded by amc, 2005.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Paramount Club Collection , Kansas Collection, RH MS 561, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries