Lawrence, Kansas, demographic maps
This collection consists of later photocopies of 14 demographic maps of Lawrence, Kansas created in 1936. The maps were created for the city of Lawrence during a land survey project conducted by the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
- Creation: 1936
- United States. Works Progress Administration. Kansas (Issuing body, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (1 oversize folder) ; 49 cm x 59 cm
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The maps in this collection include: 1. Control map 2. Land use 3. Land coverage 4. Age of structure map 5. Condition of residential structures 6. Home ownership map 7. Average rental value 8. Duration of occupancy by owners 9. Duration of occupancy by tenents 10. Room density 11. Flush toilet map 12. Encumberance map 13. Population and children 14. Race map
RH MS R398
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dennis Enslinger, 1995.
- Guide to the Lawrence, Kansas, demographic maps collection
- Lawrence, Kansas, demographic maps
- Finding aid prepared by mnm. Finding aid encoded by mnm.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence, Kansas demographic maps, RH MS R398, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas