Port Library of Beloit, Kansas, scrapbook
Vera A. Pearson, the Port Library (Beloit, Kansas) librarian, created this scrapbook, "Public relations as exemplified in a small mid-western library". Pearson, an amateur printer, produced most of the printing specimens. The scrapbook also includes printed bookmarks, some photographs, meeting notes, programs (including one for the University of Kansas Reading Program for Children), and newspaper clippings.
- Creation: 1953
- Pearson, Vera A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Port Library (Beloit, Kansas)
The Port Library of Beloit, Kansas, was founded in 1932 when Mrs. Emma Port willed her home to the city for a library.
1 oversize box (16 x 20 inches, Scrapbook )
Language of Materials
RH MS Q220
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown, 1989
- Guide to the Port Library of Beloit, Kansas Collection
- Port Library of Beloit, Kansas, scrapbook
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2007. Finding aid encoded by mab, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Port Library of Beloit, Kansas Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS Q220, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries