Skip to main content

Penn House collection

 Collection
Call Number: RH MS 1432

Overview

Newspaper clippings, photographs, and correspondence regarding Penn House, a community assistance program located in Lawrence Kansas, predominately from the 1970s. Many items are undated.

Dates

  • 1970s-1981

Conditions Governing Access

No access restrictions.

Conditions Governing Use

Spencer Library Staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.

History of Penn House

Founded in 1969 as the Douglas County Community Improvement Association, Penn House is a non-profit charity within the Lawrence, Kansas community. In 2005 Penn House's board of directors voted to merge with the Ballard Community Center, which provides affordable, high-quality early education programs and services for essential basic life assistance to low-income families and individuals in need.

Extent

.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)

Physical Location

RS MS 1432

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, Sue Hines, 2017.

Related Materials

Douglas County Community Improvement Association records, Kansas Collection, RH MS 156, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.
Margaret Wedge Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P453, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.

Source

Title
Guide to the Penn House Collection
Subtitle
Penn House collection
Author
Finding aid prepared by mmm. Finding aid encoded by mmm.
Date
2017-9-27
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Finding aid written in English.
Finding aid permalink
http://hdl.handle.net/10407/3139931771
Preferred citation
Penn House Collection, RS MS 1432, Kansas Collection, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.

Repository Details

Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository

Contact:
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States
785-864-4334