Photographs from the Indian Territory
This collection contains black and white photographic print portraits of Native Americans and views of buildings in several Native American agency areas, including the Sac and Fox agency. Most of the individuals and buildings were located in Indian Territory (I.T.), later the state of Oklahoma. Terms and language used on the photographs to identify the images is representative of when the images were created and has not been replicated in this finding aid, unless directly quoting from what has been written on the prints. Print sizes vary.
- approximately 1878-1927
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 linear foot (1 box) ; 14 x 18 inches
RH PH 7
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dr. Raymond C. Bull from the collection of his wife Eva Wodward Bull, in memory of Levi Woodward.
- Guide to the Photographs from the Indian Territory Collection
- Photographs from the Indian Territory
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 1972; lt, 1982; nb, 1987. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Photographs from the Indian Territory, RH PH 7, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.