David Samuels postcard collection
This collections contains lithographic printed color postcards of several towns in Kansas, collected by David Samuels. These towns and cities include Lawrence, Kansas City (both Missouri and Kansas), Leavenworth, Atchison, Topeka, Manhattan, Junction City, Fort Riley, Abilene, Concordia, Salina, Hutchinson, Emporia, Independence, Pratt, Wellington, Wichita, McPherson, Winfield, Dodge City, Garden City, and Pittsburg. There are also some black and white postcards. The postcards are all assembled on album pages and grouped by city. Also in the collection is a brief typescript history of Fort Hays, Kansas, as written by Samuels.
- Creation: approximately 1900-1950s
- Samuels, David (Postcard collector) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 linear foot (1 box + 1 volume)
Language of Materials
RH PH 65
RH MS DK2
Other Finding Aids
More detailed information about what is on each page at RH PH 65 is available at ksrl.kc.samuelsdavid.pdf.
The album at RH PH 65 was disassembled after previously being shelved at Ffkb H P589a and then RH PH Album E2.
- Guide to the David Samuels Collection
- David Samuels postcard collection
- Finding aid prepared by na, 1977. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
David Samuels postcard collection, RH PH 65, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.