Lawrence Chamber of Commerce records
Since the late 19th century, the Lawrence, Kansas Chamber of Commerce has worked to create a strong community. Records in this collection include documents created or received by the Lawrence Chamber of Commerce between the years of 1948 and 1986, with the majority of the documents coming from the years 1968 to 1975.
- 1948-1986 (bulk 1968-1975)
- Lawrence Chamber of Commerce (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Scope and Contents
Records of the Lawrence Chamber of Commerce (LCC) between the years of 1948 and 1986. Each individual folder is organized chronologically. Letters constitute the first half of the box and this section is alphabetized. The second half has a more general theme but is also alphabetized. Documents include internal letters to Chamber members, event flyers for Chamber-sponsored events and non-Chamber sponsored events, member surveys, event programs, pamphlets, committee reports, mail sent to the Chamber, mail from the Chamber, information on University of Kansas events, Board of Directors nominee biographies and ballots, and other materials related to the running of the Chamber of Commerce and matters in which its members were interested.
RH MS 1454
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from printed materials, 2018.
Formerly located at RH D975.
- Guide to the Lawrence Chamber of Commerce Collection
- Lawrence Chamber of Commerce records
- Finding aid prepared by haz. Finding aid encoded by haz.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this collection was provided by the G. Baley Price Graduate Student Fellowship Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence Chamber of Commerce records, RH MS 1454, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas