"Visualizing Muscles" scrapbook
Collection — Box: 1
Call Number: PP 599
Dr. John Cody (May 6, 1925 – July 11, 2016) practiced psychiatry at the High Plains Mental Health Center in Hays, Kansas for 21 years, primarily as the executive and medical director. The Kansas University Press published his book Visualizing Muscles: A New Écorché Approach to Surface Anatomy in 19905. This collection consists of a single scrapbook, in the form of a 3-ring binder and entitled "The long, tough gestation of Visualizing Muscles, the process mostly in photographs" detailing the process for the book creation.
- Cody, John, 1925- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dr. John Cody, 2002.
- Guide to the John Cody Collection
- "Visualizing Muscles" scrapbook
- Finding aid prepared by haz. Finding aid encoded by haz.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this collection was provided by the G. Baley Price Graduate Student Fellowship Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
"Visualizing Muscles" scrapbook, PP 599, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.