Manuscript notes of Léon Dorez
Call Number: MS 5
Research notes of Léon Dorez (1864-1922), French scholar and librarian who specialized in the Italian humanists, with offprints of his published articles.
- [late 19th-early 20th centuries]
- Dorez, Léon, 1864-1922 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Léon Dorez
Léon Dorez was born July 17, 1864 in Villemaur-sur-Vanne, France. He studied at the Ecole nationale des chartes and held a career at the Bibliotheque nationale in Paris, where he resided for much of his adult life. Dorez's primary interests were in the Italian humanists and Renaissance literature. Dorez died in Paris January 25, 1922.
2.5 Linear Feet (5 document cases)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Likely acquired at the same time as Dorez's library via purchase, 1957.
Kenneth Spencer Research Library's Special Collections purchased 1000 books from Leon Dorez's personal library in 1957. These volumes have been cataloged as part of the Summerfield Collection of Renaissance and Early Modern Books.
- Guide to the Léon Dorez Collection
- Manuscript notes of Léon Dorez
- Finding aid prepared by sa, May 1963. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2005. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Manuscript notes of Léon Dorez, MS 5, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.