Brian Wilson Aldiss papers
- 1978 - 1984
Conditions Governing Access
When requesting materials, please use the box and folder numbers rather than the "214Aa" series call numbers.
Conditions Governing Use
Biography of Brian Wilson Aldiss
Summary of <emph render="italic">The Helliconia Trilogy</emph>
7.5 Linear Feet (18 document cases + 1 oversize box, 1 oversize folder, 9 galley boxes) : Binding: Unbound. Loose sheets, placed in folders in boxes.; Material: Paper.; Ornamentation: Includes maps, charts, sketches, diagrams.
- Background material for the trilogy: development of the basic concepts and the setting.
- Helliconia Spring. Manuscripts and proofs for the first volume in the trilogy, published in 1982 (London: Jonathan Cape; New York: Heinemann).
- Helliconia Summer. Manuscripts and proofs for the second volume in the trilogy, published in 1983 (London: Jonathan Cape; New York: Heinemann).
- Helliconia Winter. Manuscripts and proofs for the final volume in the trilogy, published in 1985 (London: Jonathan Cape; New York: Heinemann).
- Publicity and public reception of the trilogy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the Brian Wilson Aldiss Collection
- Brian Wilson Aldiss papers
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1990; eear, 2012. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2005; eear, 2012.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Brian Wilson Aldiss papers, Department of Special Collections, MS 214, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas