Call Number: MS 346
A collection of culinary recipes, written in various hands, that appears to be from central and southern Mexico. Most of the recipes are individual leaves of paper, but a few are bound. Included is a leather wrapper from which the recipes were removed. Most recipes are undated, but one is dated 1817. The recipes do not have authors; however, four recipes include the names of recipients. Original spellings have been used in listing the recipes in the inventory.
- early 19th century
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (62 loose and bound paper items in 1 document case)
Formerly located at MS D74. Originally all items were placed together in a leather wrapper; groupings of items have remained as they were but all items have been placed in folders.
- Guide to the Mexican Recipes Collection
- Mexican recipes
- Finding aid prepared by iyg. Finding aid encoded by mwh.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English with some Spanish listings.
- Support for the processing of this collection was provided by the Shelley Miller Memorial Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Mexican recipes, MS 346, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas