Transcript of Peter Harisiades deportation hearings
This transcript is of deportation hearings initiated by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service based on allegations of Communist Party affiliation by the respondent, Peter Harisiades. The hearings were conducted October 15, 1946 at New York City by Presiding Inspector Gilbert Zimmerman, with Attorney Carol King and Associate Attorney Isidore Englander representing Mr. Harisiades.
- Creation: October 15, 1946
- United States. Immigration and Naturalization Service (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
RH WL MS 24
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Chicago Historical Society, 1994
- Guide to U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service Deportation Hearings Collection
- Transcript of Peter Harisiades deportation hearings
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mh, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
United States. Immigration and Naturalization Service, Transcript of deportation hearings, Wilcox Collection, Kansas Collection, RH WL MS 24, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries